Are you considering using the IDI but aren't sure where to
Are you interested in learning more about how the IDI can be used
for health research?
Healthier Lives is pleased to share details of upcoming
workshops of interest those who would like to learn more about
working with the big and linked data held in Statistics New
Zealand's Integrated Data Infrastructure.
Earlybird and discounted rates are available.
For more information visit https://vhin.co.nz/guides/idi-courses/
The VHIN is offering a workshop orientation to the StatsNZ IDI
(Integrated Data Infrastructure). This one-day course will provide
the base knowledge and contacts that IDI users need to maximise the
value of the IDI for health research. The workshop is taught by two
experienced IDI users and there will be plenty of time for
questions and discussion.
- How to get started in the IDI
- Data sharing and useful resources
- Social license, ethics, and kaitiakitanga
- How to find key information on ethnicity, address, income and
- The IDI structure, the spine, estimating a population and
- Brief introduction to SQL/SAS/other coding and where to find
- Examples of IDI research
20 November 2018
Arana College, University of Otago, Dunedin
Earlybird closes 20 September 2018
26 November 2018
Kelburn Campus, Victoria University of Wellington
Earlybird closes 12 October 2018
25 February 2019
City Campus, the University of Auckland
Earlybird closes 11 January 2019