The 2018 annual conference will be held on Friday
9 November at Te Papa Museum, Wellington.
The registration desk will be open from 7.30am. The
conference will start at 9am and conclude at 5.15pm.
The conference will be followed by a networking function from
5.15pm - 6.15pm at Te Papa.
The theme for the conference is 'Improving peoples'
lives through effective policy'.
Ensuring policies are effective and achieve the
desired impacts is harder than it seems. The conference will
explore how economic analysis can help us to advise governments on
the best ways to improve the quality of peoples' lives.
2018 GEN Conference speakers are:
• Lord Gus O'Donnell, Former British Cabinet
• Professor Stephen Jenkins, London School of Economics
and Political Science
• Professor Allan McConnell, University of Sydney
• Professor Jeroen van
der Heijden, Victoria University of Wellington
• Danielle Wood, The
Budget Policy and Institutional Reform Program Director at Grattan
• Murray Sherwin, Chair, NZ Productivity Commission,
• Judge Andrew Becroft, Children's
Registrations are now open! Early Registration
Discounts will apply until 5 October 2018.